market-farming - RE: Genetically Engineered corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Genetically Engineered corn
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:26:06 EST

In a message dated 3/25/02 11:18:10 AM Central Standard Time, sgilman AT netheaven.com writes:

Corn ear worms are a part time pest that in some years don’t even show
up in fields, even in the Corn Belt

Well I don't know from what part of the country you are in but here in Iowa I have never seen ayear thet the northern and european corn bore has not make a very big impact in this particular area.  On a normal year we will have a lot of southernly breeze's and the air is full of corn bore moths every nite all summer till late in the season.  They are not part time pests, they get worse as the summer go's on. Later season corn has a lot more problems with ear worn than early season.

Phil from Iowa