market-farming - Genetically Engineered Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Franklin W. Davis" <parsons AT cybertours.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Genetically Engineered Corn
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:42:07 -0500

    Hi Leig...but arn't the creepy crawlies that plague our crops also becoming more resistant to the various topical spray's that are presently being used by most farmers? Seems we are caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.
    Making a profit is the name of the game if your selling anything, also farm sales..:-)
    The knee jerk reaction about Alar almost put apple farmers out of business around here, about ten years or so ago. When all things are said and done, and in time, I think more good then harm will come from gene modification. Franklin