market-farming - Re: Genetically Engineered Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re: Genetically Engineered Corn
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:24:30 -0500

Its easy to discredit Bt corn from the outside of corn country, but from the
inside it looks very different, I was greatful that last year my neighbors
planted Bt grain corn surounding my sweetcorn farm, because this year all
their land goes into soybeans and without Bt protection when all those
cornborers emerged they would have headed for the first and only corn field
on the radar being MY corn field.
I had a chance to scout the Bt corn and see for myself how it grew and I can
say I have never seen a more worm free corn crop,and best of all there was no
aerial spraying needed to control pests, once they get all the facts I think
the non farm public will expect to see more Bt protected crops in the future.
If anyone would like to grow Bt sweetcorn there are only two tasteless
varieties out there from Rogers seed, Attribute yellow and bicolor...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/