market-farming - Re: Genetically Engineered Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Genetically Engineered Corn
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:16:11 -0500

Title: Re: [market-farming] Genetically Engineered Corn
    Hi Leig...but arn't the creepy crawlies that plague our crops also becoming more resistant to the various topical spray's that are presently being used by most farmers? Seems we are caught between a rock and a hard place on this one.

how can you read that little print.  I guess I'm getting old.

No resistance to bt.   And before I would trust the people working on gmo's I would want 20 or 30 years of carefully, carefully monitored research before I would allow it out into the real world.  But that's not what we are going to get, we are going to get quick turn around for quick profit.  And I don't want to hear from anyone saying 'the government forces the chemical companies to fully test their product.' If you do, I have some real estate to sell you. And anyone who has ever read a seed catalogue or listened to a seed salesman knows, these characters are worse than used car salesman.

 No matter what potential good, the potential bad is a lot worse. This is something that there must be extreme caution with.  I think its called the precautionary principle.