market-farming - RE: Corn earworm, mineral oil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Johnston Jr." <rob AT johnnyseeds.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Corn earworm, mineral oil
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:08:56 -0500

> As for earworms, I believe some folks are having success
> injecting small amounts of vegetable or mineral oil into the
> tip of the ear...

You can find the Zea-Later in Johnny's commercial website or in the
commercial paper catalog. Tim Davis here worked with U.of Massachusetts

for a year to develop this gadget, the purpose of which is to facilitate

injecting a small amoung of mineral oil (with or without Bt) into the
tip of an ear of corn for corn earworm control. We sold dozens of these

in 2001, and growers were happy with them. It is practical to do an
acre or two of corn.

Rob Johnston

--
Robert L. Johnston, Jr.
Chairman

  • RE: Corn earworm, mineral oil, Rob Johnston Jr., 03/25/2002