market-farming - Re: Health Insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HMSTDFRMS AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Health Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:37:39 EST

We have health ins. with the National Association of the Self Employed, a Texas based company. Unfortunately, I would not recommend them to anyone. Our family policy costs us close to $500 per month, and they have decreased our coverage over the last 7 years. Because of a pre-existing condition we are tied into them for a while longer.
Many of the farmers in this area have arranged for ins. by joining the local Chamber of Commerce. In our area the Chamber offers several ins. options including HMO, Blue Cross, etc.  My advise is to look around carefully!
Linda
Homestead Farms