market-farming - Re: dogs on farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: dogs on farm
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:50:00 EDT

In a message dated 06/06/2001 1:45:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kancell AT goodearthgardens.com writes:

If you are in an area where shooting might not be to your best advantage you
can always soak a pound of hamburger in Anti-Freeze. Very horrible death
however it is 100% effective. I had a bird dog get into some that was dumped
on a road side and it was a grizzly death. Sad but effective.

I certainly hope you aren't seriously suggesting someone do this!
Antifreeze, even in small amounts, causes kidney failure in cats and dogs,
and I imagine in any other animal that has the misfortune to get into it.
Because antifreeze tastes good to them, cats and dogs will lick it right up.
 If the animal is treated immediately, it can survive, but the owner has to
act fast.

I'm sorry about your bird dog.  I assume you mean he got into antifreeze; not
into hamburger mixed with antifreeze.

Marj