market-farming - Re: dogs on farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dogs on farm
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:21:45 -0400

> thing I fear is just maiming a dog and having it holler all the way home.

The dog won't go home. I'd rather maim 'em than have what was done to my
flock done again. It was quite gruesome, and not a bite eaten from chickens
nor rabbits. Body parts scattered, hens bitten in two where they sat on
their nests, and the saddest part--the roosters in the coop, where they died
trying to gather up the hens.

The dogs subsequently came back the next night to finish off the rabbits.
They never lived to complete their mission, and were piled beside the road
with collars and a large poster..."This is what happens to trespassers--four
legged or 2 legged."

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC