market-farming - Re: Corn Undressing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Owsley <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Corn Undressing
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 07:45:13 -0400

Jess
Personally I would ask you to stop if you undressed my corn but before
you got a chance Eugene would be asking you if you wanted to try some
uncooked corn. I find eating the corn is far and away the best indicator
for taste and raw corn is actually easier for us humans to digest than
cooked and it taste great. When we lost our shirts doing an acre of corn
a few years ago, raw corn fresh from the plant was dinner during harvest
nights. it was yummy. We have an awful time getting most folks to eat
raw corn but we do have several regulars that are into it. Though, I
will say when you offer raw corn samples they stop the undressing and
usually buy a 1/2 dozen.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)