market-farming - Re: Info on huckleberries?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Info on huckleberries?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:47:42 -0500

As a kids, we used to pick wild huckleberries during the summers I spent in
north central Michigan (lower peninsula). We would run out and pick them
for huckleberry pancakes in the morning and muffins for dinner. I'd have
to ask my mother what else she did with them. I always thought they were
very tasty and sweet enough to eat right off the wild bush. None of these
were cultivated. They were just growing out in the woods.

Del