market-farming - Re: Value added

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Value added
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:32:05 -0500

Bill:

Nope - james and jellies are *not* regulated by the CFR. You can
download the doc. and see for yourself. There are no FDA regs. for
these products. There was no reason the folks from Michigan had to take
those classes - we even spoke to our local FDA rep. about this.

State health depts. may have different rules, but there is no Federal
certification required for jams and jellies. Something to do with the
low water content -

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160