market-farming - Re: NPR/food irradiation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave Bennett" <dbennett AT micoks.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: NPR/food irradiation
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 6:48:00 -0500

I don't have to "ask myself" about this, I too am concerned. What I asked was
for your sources for your posting of a statement that appeared to be
presented as a fact. I have searched diligently & have found no factual
evidence anywhere of what you stated. Even from organizations who most would
like it to be true. Your reply below is very typical of propogandists on both
sides: make outrageous statement and when asked to back it up try to
discourse on surrounding non-issues.

The references you cite also cannot provide any more scientific proof than
you.

Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com> wrote:
__________
>As usual, Dave, I don't think you know what you are talking about. But
>maybe that's a place for private communications.
>
>Ask yourself, who is funding food irradiation? Look at the absence of
>testing on its health effects. What vision of a food delivery system does
>it fit into? Why have the meat inspectors union come out against it?
>There are a lot of unanswered questions before this corporate technology is
>rammed into our food system.
>
>For more information why don't you look at Public Citzen's web site.
>Particularly Critical Mass Energy Project. From there I can give you other
>places to look.
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: dbennett AT micoks.net
>To subscribe send email to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
>with message text containing: subscribe market-farming

Dave