market-farming - Re: salad mix laws & Thrips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: salad mix laws & Thrips
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 23:50:44 -0400

I first became aware of this new law last year but I still don't have
all the facts, I was contacted about my packing house sanitation, they
wanted to know about my vegetable washing methods, for example is the
water tested and what is the source and do I treat the water in anyway
or regulate the temp. I only pack tomatos eggplant peppers and butternut
and only "DRY" brush my stuff in the wash line, this kept me out of alot
of hot water...
Been cool here on the coast lately but major Thrip outbreaks all around
on vegetable plants still in the greenhouses, if you see brown spots on
your eggplants or deformed pepper leaves look closer and you may see
thrips...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

  • Re: salad mix laws & Thrips, robert schuler, 05/17/2000