market-farming - Re: NPR/food irradiation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: NPR/food irradiation
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:20:16 -0400

>You, uh, wouldn't be related to Wenonah Hauter, Director, Public Citizen's
>Critical Mass Energy Project, would you?

Yes, and proud of it. I'm the farmer part of the duo.. And a good farmer
at that.

Please don't quote the FDA for anything. They are one of the most captured
agencies in the nation. They are an almost wholly owned by the drug
industry. That place is a permanent revolving door with corporations like
Monsanto. They make the USDA look like a pro family farm outfit.

And the operative words on Wenonah's groups Q&A was 'when done correctly.'
We probably differ in that I do not trust the corporate food system to do
much 'correctly.' I trust it to do everything for a profit. I mean, isn't
that what capitalism is all about. Coming out of the food security
movement, I think food is to important to put in the hands of the food
industry cartel.

lh