market-farming - Re: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 08:54:28 -0600

Rose & Fred Lieberman wrote:

> Holly, I can't even tell you how long I've tried to get this
> out-of-print book "Organic Orcharding."

Well, drat nabbit, I just went and checked and sure enough there's no
copies of this on ABE right now. It does show up with some regularity
though - or at least it did when I was looking for my copy. Try putting
it on a "want list" on ABE. They do daily searches on their database
from your want list and will e-mail you when a match shows up.

I've got two of his books courtesy of friends, Practical Skills and
Money Saving Secrets. The one I still can't find is "The Last Days of a
Farmer". I've been trying to get a copy of that for 4 years and have
never seen a copy at any price.

> You know, I wonder if I contacted the author?

LOL! The author has been threatened with mayhem by his family if he
were to even THINK of giving up one of the few copies he has left of any
of his out of print books!

Even Gene Logsdon can't get any more copies of Gene Logsdon's out of
print titles. You should try getting a copy of "Small Scale Grain
Raising". That one's so hard to find that I usually see it offered for
$75 to $100, if at all.

Oh geez, I just went and looked and there's a copy of "Small Scale Grain
Raising" on Bibliofind for $125. Yikes!

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant