market-farming - RE: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT Hart.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:47:53 -0600

You might want to check with your local library's used books sale room. Our
library runs a sale once a year, but in larger cities, they may run one more
often. In Lexington, KY, the room is open on regular days. I actually
found "Small Scale Grain Raising" this past fall at the Lexington book store
, excellent condition(maybe not even ever read, with dust cover), for $15.00
(most books are .50 to 1.50). I picked it up immediately - had wanted it
for years. Just another possible source for those older farming books - we
have a couple of bookshelves that are filled with these finds. We also have
a lot of duplicates from the 1970's - a great time for practical farming
books. When we married 4 years ago, and merged our libraries, we had many
of the same titles(apparently we'd been on parallel courses for over 20
years - shame we didn't meet sooner). If anyone is interested, email me and
we'll check to see exactly what.

Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove,KY