market-farming - Re: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: My research...(was Re: Orchards and fruit trees)
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 07:12:15 -0600

Rose & Fred Lieberman wrote:

> I've decided to go for it anyway. I'll probably use all the no-spray
> techniques available. If that works, GREAT! If it doesn't I'll just simply
> use the sprays that organic growers use.

Try getting a copy of "The Organic Orchard" by Gene Logsdon. He
discusses many strategies to reduce insect damage as well as describing
many of the other problems such as scab and cedar apple rust, their
underlying causes and the conditions that lead to them, and how to
create conditions that WON'T be conducive to the development of disease
and pest problems.

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant