market-farming - Re: Farmers Market Display ideas/sampling/signs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Farmers Market Display ideas/sampling/signs
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:43:4

From Holly: Does anyone have their own ice machine, and where did you find
it and how much did it cost?

I don't have my own machine, although I have access to as much ice as I
need from our restaurant. But this is not convenient as it is some
distance from the market. Since I don't like to lug a cooler of ice (these
are sooo heavy!), I trade produce for ice (doesn't take much) from vendors
who sell cold drinks, or restaurants located across the street. If you're
wanting ice for your own use, trade your own produce. People love
bartering & ice is such an easy giveaway, and you may actually gain a
customer. 2 of the restaurants/coffee shop from which I receive ice, buy
my flowers for their tables, & some produce to resell. Yes they resell it
for higher than my retail price, but the yacht owners who buy it don't seem
to mind, and since it's a small amount I don't either. Beggars can't be
choosy!! ; )

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC