market-farming - Re: fence posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fence posts
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:15:10 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Shelley Pasco <whistle AT halcyon.com>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 4:45 PM

> I hate to break it to all of you and your neat ways of pounding in steel
> Tposts, but several types of "drivers" are available on the market.

Yup, I've been pounding in posts this way since I was a teen mending fences
for my horses. I'm still the fence person in the house even though I'm
getting old and gray and weak jointed. With a post driver I can even put up
12 foot bean posts by myself if I need to. But we're really strong here in
Washington. It also helps to have moist soil and no rocks!
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation WA