market-farming - Re: Seed Starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seed Starting
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:12:39 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT netins.net>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 4:56 PM
Subject: Seed Starting

> What growing medium do you organic growers use to start seeds in? And
> what do you fertilize the young plants to help them grow before you set
> them out?

I use the modified soil mix for soil blocks given in Eliot Coleman's book.
I never did get the mix he gives to work right for me, so I've changed the
quantities of some things and added others. It consists of peat, sand,
soil, compost and organic ammendments.

Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: mjb AT premier1.net
$subst('Email.Unsub')