market-farming - Re: fence posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shelley Pasco" <whistle AT halcyon.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fence posts
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 16:45:36 -0800

I hate to break it to all of you and your neat ways of pounding in steel
Tposts, but several types of "drivers" are available on the market. Almost
all consist of a steel tube, with or without handles, that fits over the top
of the post. You slide the pounder over the top and use the gravitational
force of the pounder, plus a little bicep power, to pound the posts in. I
can do this for hours if need be, and get lots of posts and the wire put
together in short time.
Shelley
Whistling Train Farm