market-farming - Re: fence posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Grandad <grandad AT grandadsfarm.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fence posts
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 00:56:24 -0600

> Any manual fence post advice?

The slickest post driver I ever saw was my father in law's. He
welded a 3 inch log piece of three inch pipe onto the bottom
rear edge of his front end loader. I held the post in place
while he sat in the tractor and engaged the hydraulics down.
The post slides right into the ground. So all you need is a
$30,000 tractor with loader and two people.
--
>From mailto:grandad AT grandadsfarm.com and
the Home of Grandad's Farm Magazine
in the beautiful suburbs of Columbia, Missouri
http://www.grandadsfarm.com/