market-farming - Re: fence posts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: fence posts
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:00:41 -0500

Speaking from one woman to another, yes, excuse yourself guys, I can't
physically pound in those posts with a mallet. After holding posts
for 2 hours, just like Rose did, I figured I could get my vibrations
elsewhere. So now I cheat. (Necessity is really the mother of
invention for women farmers.) I bought an auger for my cordless
drill. It goes 24" deep which is all I usually need. This only
works for t-posts. You might need to drill the hole 2-3 times, but
then you can pound it in more easily, all on your very own! Every
farm should come complete with an Arnold Schwartzenegger,
at least for women farmers ; ) !

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC