market-farming - Re: Production methods: tillage, beds, rows, etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sojourner <sojournr AT missouri.org>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Production methods: tillage, beds, rows, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:52:12 -0600

Elizabeth Pike wrote:

> From: Grandad <grandad AT grandadsfarm.com>
> > Sounds like Voo Doo to me.
>
> Don't be too hasty to judge-tomatoes were once presumed poisonous!

At least there was some logic to that, due to their relationship to
known poisonous plants. I'm open to any logic behind the mandala shape
as a raised bed. Until I get that information, well, frankly, it sounds
like voodoo to me too.

> I have had DEA land to check out my okra-hmm, never tried smoking it. Could
> offer gumbo cigars this year? Anyone wanna try?!

I've got friends who's greenhouse has been raided more than once. How
much DOES basil look like that OTHER stuff, to black helicopters,
hovering in the air, taking pictures through the greenhouse plastic?
Apparently enough to keep 'em coming back to double check, at god knows
how much expense to the law-abiding taxpayers they keep harrassing.

--
Holly ;-D
Contrary Peasant