market-farming - tools

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: tools
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:52:35 -0500

Marie Kamphefner wrote:
>My favorite thing is hoeing...It seems like I draw
> energy from being in the dirt and with the plants.  I have a new high tech
> hoe...

& from

Lawrence F. London, Jr
>I am a tool nut with, at last count, about 36 D or T - handled garden spades, forks
> and spadeforks. Haven't counted the hoes, rakes, manure/potato hooks,
> shovels and other special purpose implements.

Didn't y'all just love that scene in the movie "Twister" where the Helen Hunt's character & ex hubby ran into the barn with all the hanging implements??  That was my favorite part!  I've had people visit and ask if I wasn't scared being semi-isolated on a farm/country road & I take them out to show them my tools!  Who needs weapons when you're a farmer?!

(Sorry, a bit off topic, I know!  Couldn't resist!)

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville, NC

  • tools, Elizabeth Pike, 01/30/2000