lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Directory structure, comments, etc.

  • From: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • To: tm AT fronterix.com
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Directory structure, comments, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:33:44 -0500

1) How can I set up the directory structure so that blogs are not in the
directory 'lyceum'?
Install in a lyceum sub-directory. That way if you ever install something else, there will be no issues.From there use mod_rewrite, if that is available to you.

WEBROOT is simply the directory that Lyceum is installed in. Above, that would be "/lyceum". You *could* install in the root, so just change WEBROOT -- I suspect to "", but it might be "/".

This post may help clarify. If not let us know what's still nagging you.

http://nepherim.lifehaiku.com/2006/installing-lyceum-with-clean-urls/

~ ~ Dave

Trisha wrote:
Markus,
Thanks for replying!
I started to try that but it seems like putting everything into a
directory called 'lyceum' is still going to end up with blogs with a
directory level called 'lyceum'. But maybe I just don't understand what
define('WEBROOT', '') does?

I'll try something like that tomorrow, I feel like I'm just guessing
though with no idea of what I'm doing!

Trisha