lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Directory structure, comments, etc.

  • From: Trisha <tm AT fronterix.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Directory structure, comments, etc.
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:39:02 -0800

Hello! I've just installed a test of lyceum at:
http://blogs.redthreadlove.com/lyceum/portal.php and have a few
questions.

1) How can I set up the directory structure so that blogs are not in the
directory 'lyceum'? For example for 'blog2' at
http://blogs.redthreadlove.com/lyceum/blog2 - I would prefer the url to
be:
http://blogs.redthreadlove.com/blog2

Would it just be a matter of installing all the files in the root of the
subdomain (http://blogs.redthreadlove.com)? Can something be set up
with mod_rewrite? I'm not real good at using mod_rewrite and tried
making a rule like:

RewriteRule ^(.+)/?$ /lyceum/ [L]

but it didn't work. I also forgot and uploaded the .htaccess file after
doing the installation, if that matters.

Would it be easier if I set up the blogs under a subdirectory instead?
Like http://www.redthreadlove.com/blogs/blog2 rather than like
http://blogs.redthreadlove.com/blog2 ?

2) Comments - Is there a way and/or what file would I have to modify to
force all comments on all blogs to be moderated? Keeping the comment
spam under control is bad enough when you know what you are doing - I
don't want to think about the horrible comment spam that will end up on
the blogs if people who are less experienced don't make sure they are
moderated.

3) Any idea when a new version may be coming out? Is it anticipated
that it will be easy to upgrade? I think it was easy to install and
seems easy to use, (although I think the admin section is a little
confusing and I haven't tried adding any themes or plugins yet), and I
am excited about setting it up and trying it with real bloggers.

Thanks!
Trisha