lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum and Akismet

  • From: Scot Hacker <shacker AT berkeley.edu>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum and Akismet
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:46:25 -0800

On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:18 AM, John Joseph Bachir wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Scot Hacker wrote:

Akismet for Movable Type gets installed with one key for the entire MT installation, regardless the number of blogs or users.

Scott-

Do you have any more info on how this is done, both in terms of architecture and Akismet-policy? I've seen the offereing of an "Enterprise API Key" but there is no mention of [1] how to implement this architecturally and [b] if there is a solution for non-profit multi-blog sites. I've raised this question a couple times on the Akismet email list with not much response.

I actually corresponded with Akismet support about this once. The answer is that a single key is fine, but you're still responsible for purchasing multiple Akismet licenses, if licensing requirements apply to you.

The important take-away for Lyceum development is that administrators/ webmasters will have your hide if you make them obtain a separate key for each blog. That approach just doesn't scale.

Scot

--
Scot Hacker, Webmaster
Graduate School of Journalism