lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects

  • From: John Neil <John.Neil AT uts.edu.au>
  • To: DaveG <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 03:07:20 +1000

Dave

> For the software install you have it sounds like you have Durpal
> installed directly in the root (probably public_html), and not a
> sub-directory. Whilst not 'optimal' this is okay -- you don't need
> to change it, that wouldn't make our issues simpler. In this case you
> should install Lyceum in it's own sub-directory (/lyceum, or
> something).

That's correct - Drupal is installed in the root and lyceum currently is
instaleld in a subdiretory as per your install instructions on nepharim.

> Actually we can achieve this, except... there's a few tricky cases
> we need to resolve, probably by working through each one. The biggest
> issue > is I don't know the Drupal clean-URL format so I can't just whip
> something together for you. If you can send me the URL of your site
> (off-line if that's better) that may help.

Thanks for the opportunity, I will send the url off list

This is the current Drupal root index www.mysite/index.php

> Rule 3: User enters: http://mydomain.com/lyceum/login?action=logout
> well this would normally be caught by Rule 1. Problem is it's
> really Lyceum not Drupal. So we write a rule specifically to catch this.
> And therein lies the problem. How many Rule 3 type cases will we
> have? I took a quick look around my site, and it doesn't look like we have
> very many, so this may be relatively easy.

I'm not sure what constitutes 'many' in this type of situation but I couldn't
see more than 50 cases and probably more like 20.

> Do you have a 'test' version of you site that you can play on, or
> is it okay to play on the main version of your site? We'll be making
> changes that may prevent the site from being accesses temporarily. No
> permanent damage will be done though :)

I'm happy for changes to be implemented on the live site

> First step is to install Lyceum into a subdirectory.

Done

> Next, make sure wildcard subdirectories are turned on (probably
> need to submit a ticket to your domain host for this).

Done

> Next, we need the .htaccess. Can you post the .htaccess as it was
> *before* the Lyceum install, ie, one which works for Drupal.

See below

#
# Apache/PHP/Drupal settings:
#

# Protect files and directories from prying eyes.
<FilesMatch
"(\.(engine|inc|install|module|sh|.*sql|theme|tpl(\.php)?|xtmpl)|code-style\.pl|Entries.*|Repository|Root)$">
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

# Set some options.
Options -Indexes
Options +FollowSymLinks

# Customized error messages.
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

# Set the default handler.
DirectoryIndex index.php

# Override PHP settings. More in sites/default/settings.php
# but the following cannot be changed at runtime.

# PHP 4, Apache 1
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value register_globals 0
php_value session.auto_start 0
</IfModule>

# PHP 4, Apache 2
<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value register_globals 0
php_value session.auto_start 0
</IfModule>

# PHP 5, Apache 1 and 2
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value register_globals 0
php_value session.auto_start 0
</IfModule>

# Reduce the time dynamically generated pages are cache-able.
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresByType text/html A1
</IfModule>

# Various rewrite rules.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on

# If your site can be accessed both with and without the prefix www.
# you can use one of the following settings to force user to use only one
option:
#
# If you want the site to be accessed WITH the www. only, adapt and
uncomment the following:
# RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.example\.com$ [NC]
# RewriteRule .* http://www.example.com/ [L,R=301]
#
# If you want the site to be accessed only WITHOUT the www. , adapt and
uncomment the following:
# RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^example\.com$ [NC]
# RewriteRule .* http://example.com/ [L,R=301]

# Modify the RewriteBase if you are using Drupal in a subdirectory and
# the rewrite rules are not working properly.
#RewriteBase /drupal

# Rewrite old-style URLs of the form 'node.php?id=x'.
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id=([^&]+)$
#RewriteRule node.php index.php?q=node/view/%1 [L]

# Rewrite old-style URLs of the form 'module.php?mod=x'.
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^mod=([^&]+)$
#RewriteRule module.php index.php?q=%1 [L]

# Rewrite current-style URLs of the form 'index.php?q=x'.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.73 2006/04/14 09:08:26 killes Exp $