lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Master site admin privalages over multipul blogs

  • From: Sam Shogren <swshogren AT comcast.net>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Master site admin privalages over multipul blogs
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:16:31 -0700

Using Lyceum to manage the content I am trying to establish a series of blogs to documenting development activities and innovation around the world in my area of specialty. My goal is for each blog covers a particular region of the world and like Stephanie use the portal page as a gateway to let users access the particular blog they are interested in for their part of the world. Together the blogs makeup the content of a larger site that also includes a blog for my "content," references to recent conferences and publications and my comments concerning developments around the world with references and links to the other blogs that provide the documentation.

Problem, I want to establish each blog as the overall administrator using the same username (admin) and email address - but the program wont let me. (sharing violation?). I would like to post across all blogs as the administrator for the site under the title "admin". So far to create the each blog I have created a user name and email that reflects that region, but I don't want to switch between 9 different user names as the admin for the site. In creating the blogs I can't create a user named 'admin'....and I can' seem to use my site admin privileges to do so either....did I miss something when I installed?

The server folder looks something like: sitename.org/news (renaming the lyceum folder to news for a more specific url driven by the content)... each blog is: sitename.org/news/europe or sitename.org/news/australia  or sitename.org/news/us  for example.

How do I pull this off? Or do I need to setup subdomains---and if so how?

Help??  I also have a question concerning cross-blog indexing that I will post as a separate thread.

Sam
begin:vcard
fn:Sam Shogren
n:Shogren;Sam
org:Shogren Heritage, Museum & Cultural Consulting
adr:;;15410 NW Oak Hills Drive;Beaverton;OR;97006;USA
email;internet:swshogren AT comcast.net
title:Principal
tel;work:503-504-0770
tel;fax:503-466-0407