lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects

  • From: John Neil <John.Neil AT uts.edu.au>
  • To: 'DaveG' <lyceum AT solidgone.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] .htaccess and redirects
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:06:43 +1000

Ok, cheers Dave for spelling it out again without letting on that you're
basically having to repeat yourself - I guess I needed the 'speak to me like
I'm five' approach, as it takes me a moment to get my head around it, my
apologies: let's see if I've got it now in answering your question to help
me move on -

My misapprehension was to think that I could get www.mysite.com copuld
function as the clean URL for both Drupal and Lyceum root as I
underestimated the 'magic' of .htaccess - www.mysite.com is always and in
every case the Drupal root. Users access the lyceum index through their own
URL identifier myuser.mysite.com and this I assumed could be the clean URL
for lyceum. However this is not a lyceum url as it will be processed as a
Drupal url and hence we are back to the starting point. Ok so far.

So my understanding now is that the Lyceum clean url in the form of
myuser.mysite.com can only be achieved by having the Drupal install at
www.mysite.com/drupal/

>If all Drupal pages are access by
>something like www.mydomain.com/drupal/... then we're in great shape.

If that is the requirement for achieving myuser.mysite.com as lyceum root
then I will move Drupal from site root to www.mysite.com/drupal

Would that be your recommendation?

Cheers and thanks again.