livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Four Degrees of Devastation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Four Degrees of Devastation
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:13:38 +0100

I have kept silent for a bit because I would love to find the truth of the matter. But I read the article supplied by you Kate and find there that they blame disappearance of this wooden house on the combination of rising water levels. subsidence and erosion. Iow they don't know either.
john
Here is one of the best illustrations of sea level rise that I am aware of:

There was a really great story in the Washington Post last year, but it is not free now. If anyone cares to pay to read it, here is the info for an archive search:

FREE Article Preview
     Buy Complete Document   Buy Page Print
Losing battle against the bay
The Washington Post - Washington, D.C.