livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] World Hunger Best Cured by Small-Scale Agriculture
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:02:42 -0700

But your aquaponic setup is only a small sideline to your buying club which
is largely non-local produce, correct? I'd be interested in any sustainable,
cost efficient food production system, but I have to be skeptical of farmed
fish. Also I understand it's a modified form of hydroponics which I view as
unnatural, tho others may see that differently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaponics