livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 07:32:58 -0500

I agree with Paul. One of my editors sent me a copy of Steve Solomon's book, and the title made it look "right down my ally." With Paul, I was hugely disappointed--in every way--from the disconnect the Amazon reviewers noted ("hard times"?--with all that purchased input?)--to his know-it-all tone--to his insufferable stance toward the reader ("Now I know you've been told/*everybody* says xxx but Grandaddy Steve's gonna tell you the real scoop here").

I salute Steve for his excellent work making available some great literature in his Soil and Health site, but be advised that this book is a complete waste of time.

~Harvey