livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] the learning curve
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:24:45 -0500

On 11/21/2010 02:15 PM, Tradingpost wrote:
Mints and herbs did great but little interest at market. Italian oregano and
French tarragon are still keepers. . . ~Paul

Of course I can't see your layout, but I like flowering herbs for nooks and crannies where I can't grow regular harvest crops. That way, with no loss of space, they contribute to insect diversity, and in your case would be available for harvesting for the small demand you do have at market.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE MODERN HOMESTEAD POULTRY FLOCK, will be published next year by
Chelsea Green Publishing.