livingontheland - [Livingontheland] bio intensive

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] bio intensive
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:34:24 -0800 (PST)

When I teach a workshop, I post the following at the front of the room:

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING,
FROM ANYBODY,
AT ANYTIME,
FOR THE FARM OR GARDEN
[a few rare exceptions].

Seed is one exception.

Fertilizer comes form green manure/cover crops. Rarely, something has to be added in certain soils.

I began practicing BI in 1982  and took the 3 day biointensive workshop in 1997 and by 2000 I stopped teaching it and teach organic, no-till since.  I have a free dvd I will send to anyone who request it.

Rule no. 1   ADD ORGANIC MATTER.  If you want ten rules, repeat no. 1 nine more times.

Ken H