livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing sustainable models

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing sustainable models
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:04:19 -0500 (CDT)

IMHO, we shouldn't seek to change (national/federal) govt, as govt is there
to serve the elites who profit by keeping us out of the loop, keeping us
strictly as Their "consumers." The entire corporate/govt system is a
symbiotic relationship headed over the cliff. The tipping point is
approaching, and it will occur as a result of increasing job losses in the
corporate sector (all corporations- the corporate world). Higher pay props
up the tax base, which allows theft-through-subsidies to pour into the
corporate coffers (which allows corporations to afford their massive
lobbying/political corruption game).

The "change" will come when there is no more growth media available. And it
appears that energy will be the media whose deficiency will be the greatest
contributor to the halting of growth. We're currently figuring out that a
society built from and geared to operating on $20/bbl oil with $80/bbl oil
just ain't going to work.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA