livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing sustainable models

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing sustainable models
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:28:41 -0500 (CDT)

I don't believe any rational person could possibly argue against social interaction.  But... "government" has absolutely nothing to do with being central to the formations of social bindings.  Also, "government" comes in many forms and is not equal: there is local, state and federal; it can be easily argued that the last two are of little importance, as they tend to usurp power.  I am not, however, a believer that "government" should be dictating what is and isn't useful: one need only look and see what the US govt is doing, it being the wealthiest and most powerful, to understand that concentrations of power is NOT a good thing (power corrupts, etc., etc...): and specifically to this list, stuff  like NAIS, promotion/subsidization of corporations supporting GMO and so forth.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA