livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More on Low Dairy and Meat Diets
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 12:47:52 -0600

How long? Oh, about one day of doing without.

Takes me ten minutes to nuke a baked potato. Throw in a little olive oil,
tomato sauce or salsa and seasoning, and it's a meal, nutritious, good carbs
and oil, and dirt cheap. Now I'm not the expert in the house; Barb was
cooking southern Italian with her mother since she could reach the counter.

Ever wonder, Norma, why they don't demonstrate simple cheap food on those
idiot TV shows?

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

---------
"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
-- Federico Fellini

"Americans can eat garbage, provided you sprinkle it liberally with ketchup,
mustard, chili sauce, Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, or any other condiment
which destroys the original flavor of the dish."
-- Henry Miller, American writer

"I would rather live in Russia on black bread and vodka than in the United
States at the best hotels. America knows nothing of food, love or art."
-- Isadora Duncan, America dancer

"What we need in this country is a general improvement in eating. We have the
best raw materials in the world, both quantitatively and qualitatively, but
most of them are ruined in the process of preparing them for the table."
-- H.L. Mencken