livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 05:44:44 -0500

This was my first year with a cover crop and, in spite of cutting it down twice, it's still growing so vigorously that the Snow Peas are smothered.  It's a mix of Vetch, Wheat, and Oats - maybe something else would be more cooperative.  I'm sure the transplants will fare better, but I don't think I'll do that again.

E. E. "Mitch"  Mitchamore