livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: moon@ceva.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 08:02:15 -0500

Ken, et al,
I have a supper wooly rye cover that 4 passes w/ a spader then 2 w/ a rototiller have barely snuffed. I cultuvate w/ an alice G through a sandy loam. how can I grow greens, potatoes, peas thw this rye?.Yes, I'm drownded in machenerey, oxidising my microbes, accelerating organic matter decay. Anything but roundup is better then this.How to mulch a 1/2 acre?
Do you have pix of your place? I know this is a lifetime of learning. before I go moter down some more cover,what chance of planting thw it?, it's already 20" high.
I was going to start mowing.
thanks, Ann in Va.