livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: moon@ceva.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:50:51 -0500

So no=till requires 2x the space ?one garden for winter kill, start oats,sorgum,buckwheat in july, plant into that in march. Another plot, frost killed solenacea followed by a winter grown cover, rye,wheat,vetch. than what? crimp it and dig hills for winter squash? on it's own will go till aug.
What am I missing? the rye will reseed if not mowed.
Thanks, ann i'n Va
PS I'm hitting reply to list', another option?