livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Wayne Leake <wa2yne@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:36:53 -0600

 I am trying no till in a raised bed myself. Though the level seems to go down as time goes by. Fill is mainly goat and sheep pellets with whatever comes up from the pen.
 Had plants do well in it last fall, now getting some green cover, not grass, growing.
 I need to get a few things started. For transplants, just dig a hole and pop the plant in.
 Nice thing with the goat and sheep manure is no need to compost.
 Now, if I can get some tomato seeds to get past the teeny seedling stage...

 Wayne WA2YNE
 Not connected to Yahoo!