livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Arzeena Hamir <arzeenahamir@shaw.ca>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] no-till?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:21:01 -0700

We planted crimson clover this year after harvesting our garlic. It grew well in the late summer and started to die back in the winter but our winter was so mild that it didn't die completely and it's now totally green again. We're going to try to keep it and see what planting into it with kale & Swiss chard transplants is like. We'll probably have to mow it down once before we do. If anyone else has any tips on other veggies that you can transplant into a living mulch, I'm all ears.

Arzeena Hamir MSc. P.Ag.
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society
http://richmondfoodsecurity.org