livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Grapes of Wrath the sequel

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Grapes of Wrath the sequel
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:23:13 -0400

Hi Mark,
I'm in agreement with you.  I've got small stock and rotational graze them over my family's farm.  I can see a great improvement in the areas that have been grazed on the last two years.  I might add that my dad was using natural farming methods from the start so their have been near to no commercial chemicals added to the land with the exception of lime.  The area I've been grazing hasn't had lime in 15 years and now we have a abundance of good grass without it . . . the Johnson grass we could have done without lol
Norma in NC