livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] tractors?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] tractors?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:25:07 -0600

I hope someone can be more help, but I don't need to disc to grow much, much
more with no-till; I spread manure with a shovel and wheelbarrow (and
pickup); I built a greenhouse, not a temporary hoophouse; I dig postholes
with a $40 digger; and I have nothing to mow or brushhog. And I produce more
clear profit on one-sixth of an acre than thousands of mechanized farmers do
on a thousand acres. Check it out. The average return on investment for US
farms is about 2%. They'd get a better return by selling out and putting the
money in a savings account.