livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] New Farmers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>, Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] New Farmers
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 06:49:11 -0800 (PST)

When I was manager of the farmer's market here in Lubbock, there were two watermelon farmers.  One of them made sure that all the other farmers selling there sold him watermellows.  I do not know the deal.  He said that customers walk in, buy from their regular farmer and leave.  He wanted his watermellow there for them to leave with.  I guess it worked as most sold them for him.

Ken Hargesheimer

"E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net> wrote:
  Do the farmers at markets buy from, and sell to, or barter with, each other?  Or are they all focused on cash income?