livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Agriculture and Food Consumption

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Fargir@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Agriculture and Food Consumption
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:32:10 EDT

> Since I'm raising the angoras for fiber, it is NOT pleasant to have chickens poop on them.<

    If you have not solved this problem, you might want to try a "spinning perch".  It is a rod that is square sided and the right diameter for a chicken perch on.But it is fastened
 so that it spins when the chicken lands on it.  Placed above the rabbit cages, it scares off  the chicken from perching. Therefor no poop on the rabbits.
    One of the way to allow it to spin is using nails driven into the ends .  The support/risers have a hole drilled through the support end,that the nail is ran through before  it is driven into the perch end of the perch rod.
    If this is not clear enough, just ask and I will try and make it clearer.
    Good luck.
    Peggy in Iowa
    wife, mother, and just myself