livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:34:13 -0400

Paul,
I have Navajo style angora goats.  They seem to do better than the more "improved" ones, in this area anyhow.
Norma

On 8/8/07, TradingPostPaul <tradingpost@riseup.net> wrote:

We've haven't heard enough about livestock that do well without the high
energy inputs like grain. Yet part of sustainable living on the land is
animals, whether for work or food. We can learn so much more about what
breeds and methods work well in different climates and locations. This
isn't a special interest of mine since we're not handling any sheep, goats,
horses, or poultry, but it's important isn't it. Some time back I mentioned
the Navajo Churro sheep that live on scrub land where others would starve.
Isn't someone on this list raising the Churro? Let's hear more, folks.

--
Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. - Andrew Murray

visit our farm site at: http://www.freewebs.com/sweetspringfarm/

Check the latest farm photos at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sweetspringfarm