livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Grass Fed Lamb
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:34:21 -0600

We've haven't heard enough about livestock that do well without the high
energy inputs like grain. Yet part of sustainable living on the land is
animals, whether for work or food. We can learn so much more about what
breeds and methods work well in different climates and locations. This
isn't a special interest of mine since we're not handling any sheep, goats,
horses, or poultry, but it's important isn't it. Some time back I mentioned
the Navajo Churro sheep that live on scrub land where others would starve.
Isn't someone on this list raising the Churro? Let's hear more, folks.